Sunday, February 3, 2008

Howard Bingham (Bingham Wedding pt. 4)

From a photographer's point of view (get it?), Damon and Kristi's wedding was awesome. They were so nice to work with, the night went great, everyone was in a great mood, celebrities were in the house and it was just plain fun. But the thing that really made the night for me was the presence of this man, Damon's dad, Howard Bingham.



If you're not a photography or boxing enthusiast, that name might not mean much to you, but I'm here to tell you that it should. Howard Bingham is THE MAN. He photographed Muhammad Ali's entire boxing career. Ever see a great photo of Ali? There's a good chance that Howard took the photo. He is the only photographer ever to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. As a photographer for Life, Look, Time, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, People, Ebony and other international magazines, Howard Bingham documented many of the most important events and personalities in contemporary times, including the civil rights movement. Man, what an honor for me to be the photographer at this family event!!! I have no idea why Howard's son chose me to shoot his wedding, I'm sure Howard knows a ton of great photographers, but hey, who am I to argue? : ) What a cool night!